GLUMA Desensitizer - gaining victory over pain
For over 20 years, one drop of GLUMA has been sufficient to reduce and prevent hypersensitivity. The results appear quickly and effectively, without mixing, curing or multiple applications.
Your patients feel immediate relief. Every good restoration starts with the GLUMA Desensitizer. Its efficacy has been proven in over 50 million restorations.
It can be used with all common adhesives and restoration materials and in every treatment situation. GLUMA neither needs to be stirred or light cured. This simplifies application and saves time.It can be used with all common adhesives and restoration materials and in every treatment situation. GLUMA neither needs to be stirred or light cured. This simplifies application and saves time.
- desensitise: GLUMA is the only desensitise that has been proven to penetrate exposed dentinal tubules up to 200 μm1. This leads to the formation of multilayered protein walls which prevent an osmotic fluid exchange with the internal tubules.
- Block bacteria: GLUMA forms a hermetic seal which traps the bacteria and prevents bacterial growth2.
- Re-wetting: GLUMA reorganises collapsed collagen fibres and thus improves the adhesiveness of several adhesives.
GLUMA Desensitizer – Step-by-step application:
Instructions for use:
• purified waterApplicationsGLUMA Desensitizer is used for the treatment of hypersensitive dentine.
It achieves its effects byprecipitation of plasma proteins, which reduces dentinal permeability and occludes the peripheraldentinal tubules. This inhibits the flow of fluid through the tubules which is the cause of sensitivity.GLUMA Desensitizer is used:
• to eliminate pain in exposed cervical areas not requiring restoration,
• to alleviate or prevent dentinal sensitivity after preparation of teeth to receive indirect restorations.Dosage and AdministrationTreatment of hypersensitive dentineThe treatment of hypersensitive dentinal surfaces is only indicated in cases of severe pain in reactionsto thermal, osmotic or tactile stimuli. In cases of mild pain, alternative treatments such as desensitizingtoothpastes should be used.
• Clean the dentine (e.g. with cleansing pumice), under local anaesthesia if necessary, and then rinseoff with water.
• Protect mucous membranes by using a rubber dam. Make sure that GLUMA Desensitizer onlycomes into contact with the area to be treated.
• Apply the smallest possible amount of GLUMA Desensitizer required for treatment to the dentinalsurface using pellets or brushes and then leave for 30 – 60 seconds.
• Then dry the surface carefully by applying a stream of compressed air until the fluid film has disappearedand the surface is no longer shiny. Then rinse thoroughly with water.
• Deep cavities and/or areas near the pulp should be covered with a suitable cavity lining before thedesensitizer is applied.If a single application of GLUMA Desensitizer does not produce sufficient and sustained pain relief,the treatment can be repeated at the same or a subsequent appointment before alternative treatmentsare used.Treatment of dentine prepared to receive complete cast restorations
• Protect mucous membranes by using a rubber dam.• Remove moisture from the prepared dentine by applying a gentle stream of compressed air.
• Apply GLUMA Desensitizer with a pellet and leave for 30 – 60 seconds. Make sure that only thesmallest possible amount required is applied and that it only comes into contact with the area to betreated.
• Dry the dentinal surface carefully by applying a stream of compressed air, rinse off thoroughly withwater and apply suction.
• Cover cavities and/or areas near the pulp with suitable cavity linings before applying the desensitizer.Further precautionsGLUMA Desensitizer should only be used by a dentist.GLUMA Desensitizer should not be used after the expiry date (see warning on label).Do not store at temperatures of more than 25°C (77°F). Keep out of the reach of children.Harmful, contains glutardialdehyde, 2-hydroxyethyl-methacrylate• It is a local irritant and has toxic effects.
• Appropriate precautions should always be takenbefore using GLUMA Desensitizer.
• Only dispense the smallest possible amount necessary forthe treatment.
• Harmful by inhalation.
• Irritating to respiratory system.
• Irritating to skin. • Riskof serious damage to eyes.
• May cause sensitization by inhalation.
• May cause sensitization byskin contact.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seekmedical advice.
• Wear suitable gloves.
• Before use, put on the protective goggles and coverthe patient’s eyes to protect against splashes of material.
• Do not breathe vapour/spray.
• Avoidcontact with skin.GLUMA Desensitizer must not be used:
• if the necessary precautions cannot be taken or the specified application technique cannot be used,
• if the patient is allergic to any of the ingredients contained in GLUMA Desensitizer,
• if the pain is due to pulpitis,
• if the pulp is exposed or the dentine adjacent to the pulp is perforated.Irritation of the pulp may be observed in the presence of deep cavities without suitable pulp protection.Those areas of cavities adjacent to the pulp should therefore be protected by a suitable cavitylining.